Master Technician / Production Manager - $30 - $40 Per Hour
Lou’s Car Care is seeking a dynamic, patient, and personable Master-Level Auto Technician. This position will require the Master Technician to work on vehicles at first while building a strong team of technicians, and then transition into the role of Production Manager. The goal is to attract and grow the best automotive technicians while providing repairs and service that is second to none on Domestic, Asian, and European vehicles. This is a newly created position due to growth and expansion within the company.
In this role, you must have knowledge and experience working on all makes and models of vehicles. You must have 5+ years of on-the-job experience as a head/lead technician and must be comfortable teaching and mentoring fellow co-workers. Benefits include Health Insurance, Paid Time Off, Training and Certifications, and a Retirement Program.
RESPONSIBILITIES AS A MASTER TECHNICIAN:
- Perform work specified on maintenance and repair orders with efficiency and in accordance with company standards
- Inspect vehicles and record findings so that necessary repairs can be made
- Test components and systems, using diagnostic tools and special service equipment
- Diagnose, maintain, and repair vehicle automotive systems including engine, transmission, suspension, steering, brakes, air-conditioning, etc.
- Explain mechanical diagnoses and required repairs in a non-technical manner to service writers
- Provide an estimate of the time needed for repairs
- Learn new technical information and techniques in training sessions to keep up with rapidly changing technology
RESPONSIBILITIES AS A PRODUCTION MANAGER:
- Work with the Service Manager to build a strong team of technicians and plan for transition into a Production Manager position
- Work closely with the Service Manager to set personal, team, and company goals
- Support the technician team by answering technical questions, and providing guidance, assistance, and/ or mentorship with other auto maintenance and repair jobs in the shop
- Lead by a good example and promote positive company culture and morale
- 5+ years of experience as a head/lead auto technician- REQUIRED
- Must have the ability to diagnose NVH
- Must have the ability to read wiring diagrams
- Must have a valid driver’s license
- Must have NY State Inspection License
- Must have own tools (heavy equipment, special tools, and diagnostic equipment provided by company)
- Computer, tablet, and diagnostic tool proficiency
- Master ASE Certification required
- Must have a positive and professional attitude
- Must have a passion for the automotive industry
- State-of-the-art, 13,500 Square foot modern facility
- Energetic & progressive owner
- 5-day workweek
- Well-maintained equipment
- All the latest software and tablets for every tech
If you would like to set up a confidential interview, please email us at [email protected].
HAVE A RESUME?
Please fill out the form below, attach your resume and press submit.