Pronto Car Care: Warranty Terms
Protection Plus Nationwide
Parts & Labor Warranty
36 Months/36,000 Miles
This warranty is made by the Independent Service Center and is administered by National Pronto Association. This warranty applies only to the vehicle owner at time of the original repair and is not transferable.
SERVICES COVERED BY THE WARRANTY
This is a reimbursement warranty for consumers which covers the originally installed part (see “Not Covered” for a list of exclusions) and labor associated with said part up to the original dollar amount listed on the original invoice (see “reimbursement limits”). The original part must have been installed by Lou’s Car Care Center, Inc. Additionally, the warranty repair on the failed part must be performed by a Service Center and not an individual for the part to qualify for coverage.
- Air Conditioning, heating, and climate control systems
- Brake system (s)- Excluding brake pads and rotors
- Clutches - clutch component or assembly repair and replacement. Excluding normal wear and tear.
- Engine cooling system (s)
- Engine performance, drivability services and repair
- Electrical system (s)
- Electronic Engine Management System and other on-board computer systems, (engine, body, brake, and suspension computers), cruise control systems
- Emission control system (s)
- Exhaust system (s)
- Fuel system (s)
- Hybrid Drive battery replacements (claim coordinated with battery manufacture for replacement)
- Ignition system (s)
- Lighting & Vision - Excluding Wiper Blades and Light Bulbs
- Starting & Charging system (s)
- Steering and Suspension system (s), wheel bearings, CV joints, half-shafts, and driveshafts
- Other minor repairs and services
WHERE YOU CAN OBTAIN WARRANTY SERVICE
PROCEDURES / AUTHORIZATION:
1. You must return to the Pronto Auto Service Center where the original repair was performed if you are less than 25 miles away from the Service Center.
2. You must keep a copy of the original repair invoice and present it when seeking service under this Warranty.
3. The Service Center will diagnose the current issue and if it is related to the original repair, they will warranty the re-repair as documented for up to 24 months or 24,000 miles whichever comes first.
If you are unable to reasonably return to the original Pronto Auto Service Center, then you must:
- Call the Pronto Warranty Administrator to obtain a warranty claim number prior to making any repairs on your vehicle. This claim number will be used to reference all records associated with this claim including reimbursement remittance to the car owner if required.
Warranty Line Hours: 7am – 5pm (CST) Monday – Friday
Phone: 1-800-477-6686 Fax: 817-430-9559
Email: [email protected] Website: www.ProntoCarCare.com
Note: After hours, an automated voicemail system will provide instructions on how to handle the warranty and an emergency phone number if needed.
- The Warranty Administrator will direct you to the nearest participating service center to diagnose vehicle issues and confirm warranty. The Warranty Administrator will require, you, the car owner, to provide the original repair order to Pronto for warranty eligibility.
If the re-repair meets the requirements as listed above (Services & Vehicles Covered), then the Protection Plus warranty program will reimburse, you, the car owner. Reimbursement is limited to covering the failed part (s) (as listed on the original repair invoice), labor, and taxes associated with said part up to the original dollar amount (as listed on the original repair invoice).
The independent repair facility warrants that the above repairs and services performed at their location will be free from defects in materials and workmanship for 3 years or 36,000 miles of use, whichever comes first, measured from the date of the first repair and the odometer reading shown on the original repair invoice. This warranty is conditioned on the vehicle being subjected only to normal use and receiving reasonable and necessary maintenance during the warranty period. This warranty is limited to covering only the failed part (as listed on original service ticket), labor, and tax associated with part. Warranty repair costs shall in no case exceed the costs of the original repair or service. If there is a defect in either materials or workmanship within the warranty period, the independent repair facility has the option to perform remedial service work at no charge to you, replace the defective warranted part(s) without charge to you, or refund the entire charge for the warranted repairs, minus any previous refunds. If the warranty costs are less than the original service ticket, the lesser amount will be reimbursed. Incidental or consequential damages are not covered.
A buyer of covered products or services has the right to have warranty service performed during the warranty period. The warranty period will be extended for the number of whole days that the vehicle has been out of the buyer’s hands for warranty repairs. If a defect exists within the warranty period, the warranty will not expire until the defect has been fixed. The warranty period will also be extended if the warranty repairs have not been performed due to delays caused by circumstances beyond the control of the buyer, or if the warranty repairs did not remedy the defect, and the buyer notifies the warranty administrator of the failure of the repairs within 60 days after they were completed. If, after a reasonable number of attempts, the defect has not been fixed, the buyer may return his vehicle for a replacement of parts, if applicable, or a refund, in either case, subject to deduction of a reasonable charge for usage. This time extension does not affect the protections or remedies the buyer has under any law.
ADDITIONAL SERVICES WHICH MAY BE COVERED:
- Rental car reimbursement may be obtained for up to $50 per day for up to two days with an authorized Protection Plus warranty claim.
- Towing reimbursement may be obtained for up to $90 with an authorized Protection Plus warranty claim.
SERVICES AND VEHICLES NOT COVERED BY THIS WARRANTY:
You must pay for any non-warranty service you order to be performed at the same time as the Warranty service. This Warranty will not apply to your repaired vehicle if it has been damaged by abnormal use, misuse, neglect, accident, alteration, or “tampering with.” This Warranty does not cover replacement or repairs due to normal wear and tear. The Facility’s employees and/or agents do not have authority to modify the terms of this Warranty nor to make any promises in addition to those contained in this Warranty. THIS WARRANTY DOES NOT IN ANY WAY INCLUDE INCIDENTAL OR CONSEQUENTIAL DAMAGES (additional expenses which you may incur as the result of faulty repair or service).
AUTOMOTIVE REPAIRS EXCLUDED FROM WARRANTY:
This Warranty does not cover repair(s) or replacement(s) except as listed in the section, “Services Covered by this Warranty,” even though the Facility may offer other services. Repairs and services excluded from the Limited Warranty include:
- Engine: Any internal repairs or replacement of internally lubricated components, or replacement of engine assembly.
- Transmission: Automatic or Manual - any internal repairs or replacement of internally lubricated components, or replacement of transmission assembly or transfer case.
- Drive Axle/Differential: any internal repairs or replacement of internally lubricated components, or replacement of the drive axle/differential assembly, ring gear, pinion shaft, pinion seals, and related gears
- Tires & Batteries (excluding hybrid drive battery replacement).
- Auto body, paint, and molding repair including any repair or materials related to auto body work and glass related repairs.
- Used, salvaged or customer supplied parts.
- Sublet repairs.
- Preventive Maintenance Services (oil changes, fluid changes and flushes, wiper blades, filters, brake pads and rotors).
- Any repairs performed on commercial use vehicles with a load carrying capacity greater than 1 1/2 tons.
Please submit all invoices and documents to the Warranty Administrator within 30 days of the re-repair. Required legible documents include but are not limited to the following:
- Original invoice
- Re-repair invoice
- Rental Car and/or Towing invoices which may be eligible for reimbursement.
- Send to: "Warranty Processing" via either, Online: www.prontocarcare.com/mywarrantyinfo, Email: [email protected], Mail: 2601 Heritage Avenue, Grapevine, TX 76051, Fax: 817-430-9559
- Please allow two weeks for processing
National Pronto Association reserves the right to modify the terms of the labor reimbursement portion of this warranty. The facilities employees and/ or agents do not have authority to modify the terms of this warranty. The terms of the parts warranty are governed by the manufacturer of the components. This warranty does not include incidental or consequential damages, or other additional expenses which may be incurred as a result of a premature parts or labor failure. Some states do not allow the exclusion of incidental or consequential damages and therefore this limitation may not apply, as rights vary from state to state.
In some cases, it may be required for the consumer to ship the failed part to the Warranty Administrator. Shipping costs will be reimbursed. Failure to ship a required part will void the warranty.
For complete warranty information visit ProntoCarCare.com
BRAKE PAD & ROTOR WARRANTY 24 MONTHS OR 24,000 MILES
Brake Rotors and Brake Pads will be warranted for defects for the duration of 24 Months or 24,000 miles, whichever comes first. Warranty is valid from first installation of rotors and pads on your vehicle. Warranty does not apply to normal wear and tear or rust or corrosion from lack of use. Warranty is not transferrable. To maintain the 24 Month or 24,000 Mile Brake Rotor and Pad Warranty, a brake service must be completed every 12 months or 15,000 Miles.
USED PARTS / LKQ PARTS – LIKE KIND QUALITY
Used Parts will carry a warranty through the supplier for only 30 days, unless specified other.
NEW & USED ENGINES & TRANSMISSIONS
New Engines & Transmissions will come with a minimum 12 Month or 12,000 Mile Warranty, unless specified other. Used Engines/Transmissions will carry a warranty through the supplier for only 30 days, unless specified other.
CUSTOMER SUPPLIED PARTS
Customer supplied parts will not carry any warranty from Lou’s Car Care Center, Inc. for defective or failed components installed upon the customer’s request. In the event of a failed or defective customer supplied part. The customer will be responsible for the labor cost to remove and replace the defective supplied part with the new customer supplied replacement.