Photo by Mídia from Pexels
Over time, your vehicle will start to experience wear and tear from driving and display signs and symptoms that need attention. Take note if you hear, see, or feel something that is out of the ordinary such as:
- Are there any dashboard warning lights on?
- Is the check engine light on? If it is, is the light flashing or steady?
- Is your car is making a squeaking, thumping, whirring, clanging, dragging, or grinding noise ?
- Is your vehicle driving rough?
- Do you feel vibration, pulsation or shaking when driving or braking?
- Do you experience abnormalities at specific speeds- low speeds, highway speeds or all the time?
- Do you smell fuel, exhaust, burning, smoke, or mold when you are in your vehicle?
The information from these questions are important and should be relayed to your auto technician in Baldwinsville, NY. These notes will help the technician narrow down the possible causes to your issue(s). Be sure to explain when these symptoms occur and under what conditions. Every vehicle is different and the more details you can provide, the better.
Diagnosing a vehicle is not as simple as one might think. Connecting scan tools to a vehicle and pulling fault or trouble codes is a small piece of the “diagnostic puzzle”. Trouble codes alert the technician about any system issues with the vehicle, however, every vehicle model has different codes and meanings. At times, many trouble codes can appear and the technician will have to investigate the reason for each code. The time it takes to diagnose the vehicle and trouble codes can vary depending on the nature of problem. Pulling trouble codes and diagnosis are two separate stages of the repair process.
At Lou’s Car Care, your safety is our top priority and we want to be sure to diagnose your car correctly. Our Service Advisor will gather all of the necessary details from you and communicate them to our technicians. We will try to duplicate any symptom(s) you have experienced and utilize our up-to-date diagnostic equipment to pin-point the problem. Our Service Advisor will then discuss the problem and solutions with you to help you make the best repair choice for you and your vehicle.
When it comes to auto repair and maintenance, Lou’s Car Care is the right choice. Serving the Baldwinsville, Syracuse, Liverpool, Camillus, Cicero, Clay, Fayetteville and Manlius, NY communities since 1976. Call us at 315-352-5464 or schedule an appointment today!